Thursday 16 February 2012

Nail it!


I’m not going to lie, I’ve only ever had a manicure about 4 times. I always hear girls say, let’s go get our nails done and get those French acrylics or whatever you call them. I just go in for a simple manicure.

Here’s the thing, out of the 4 times I’ve been to get my nails done, they always seem to ruin before it’s even done. Okay, maybe it’s just me being clumsy or me being forgetful that they’re not dry yet, but I don’t think it’s completely my fault. I sit there and see how fast they apply that nail lacquer and with barely no dry time at all, they go over it for a second coat. That little mini fan in the corner doesn’t really do too much does it? Trust me, I've knocked my wet nails on that.

I don’t know what it is, I don’t want to be spending a whole hour at the nail salon but I want them to last and not get ruined before or just after I walk out, because that’s just a waste of time and money. I definitely don’t get my nails done too often now, I’d rather just paint them at home. I just like it when they get rid of all that dead skin around your nail, it looks nice. Gels are definitely the way to go, got them done crazy cheap when I was in LA for $30, here it’s around $60 - $90. Okay, maybe once a month or two, depends if I feel like getting all fancy with my nails.

Caroline's tip: Apply clear nail polish to the tips of your nails to prolong the colour from chipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment