Sunday 18 March 2012

Dear diary: Day 1 & 3 hours in of not washing my hair

I am a clean freak, I'm not afraid to admit it, I really am.
I'm a very organised type of person, I like to be on top of things and have things done a specific way. Overall a very routine type of girl, so if you tell me that i can't wash my hair for one day I'm going to freak out. 


If you don't know and you probably don't I wash my hair everyday! Yes everyday, not twice a day but once a day at least!
Lately I'm starting to think that umm maybe that's not such a great idea. My hair is pretty thick and long so i thought of course i need to wash it as it gets pretty oily as well. Now i don't know if me washing my hair everyday is what is causing this, but it's starting to feel a lot thinner at the top compared to the midsection of my hair. That and i wear a lot of hats, cloche hats, berets, beanies, those eskimo ones, caps, whatever. You name it i wear it.


I don't know whyyyyyyyyyy I'm doing this to myself, but  I Caroline slash lalalinee am going to try to not wash my hair for a day or two, maybe not even two, i really don't think I'm going to make it to 2 days. I'm sooo scared, the last time i didn't wash my hair for one day was years ago and all I could remember was it being sooo itchy that it was torture.


Hair update:
It's been 27 hours since i washed my hair, i had work today and although today was a nice cold day, the roots of my hair are so oily that within the last 3 hours the oil has spread a good 9cm. It smells like oil. This is so gross.


Update:
27 hours and  22 minutes since i washed my hair. Is it cheating if i run some dry shampoo through  my hair, i don't want my pillow to smell.


27 hours and 26 mins since i washed my hair. Ran some dry shampoo through it, feels a little better. It's not itching anymore.


40 hours and 30 minutes since i washed my hair. Within that time, i slept and then just finished a run of 1 hour and 10 minutes. Right now my hair is gathered in the highest of high top knots. Feeling a bit oily, slighty itchy. Mid section to tips of hair still good and oil free. I think i just might be able to make it to 48 hours!


44 hours and 51 minutes since i washed my hair. It's starting to get really itchy at the top. Still in that top knot though. Oh and i went for a 1 hour elliptical/run sesh.


48 hours since i washed my hair. I can't believe that I made it,i went for 2 days without washing my hair and surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
I'll definitely be trying to not wash it everyday, but not going to lie it;s still going to be a challenge not washing it everyday. I mean I've done it since as long as I can remember.


Please remember if you liked what you've read, leave a like it helps me out more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment