Monday 19 March 2012

What to do when you've popped that pimple


Have you ever tried to pop a pimple and it just won’t pop?

LEAVE IT ALONE! I know it’s hard when you see that pimple right there and you just want it gone, but when it’s not popping, it’s not ready to be popped. Forcing that pimple out actually damages your skin and the more you do it, the more chances you’re going to get scarred! Literally. That pimple might be annoying now but think of it in the long run, what would you rather? A pimple that lasted 3 -5 days or scars that will last you a lifetime?

I generally know when a pimple is ready to be popped when you see that there is a yellowish colour appearing just underneath the skin, you’ll find that it’s a lot easier than forcing it out. This way there’ll be a lesser chance of scarring.

Now the pimple is popped, what do you do? I never knew what to do after I popped that pimple, but I had to do something, it felt so exposed like every single little bacteria was getting into that open area.

I saw this bit in a movie and although you’re not supposed to really trust what movies say, I just thought there’s no harm in trying it out. If you have a bit of redness after that pimple, try placing an ice cube to the area, I found that it helped to reduce the redness.

Something else I tried was just applying toner to the area, toner is known for removing dirt and oil and preventing your skin from pimples so I would wipe that area with some toner to remove any remaining dirt and oil around the area.

After a bit of toner, I would just apply a mud mask to the area, to ensure there was no chance of any bacteria getting into the exposed area.


Like what you've read? Please leave a like it helps me out a lot and follow my blog and twitter, it makes me happy. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment