Friday 16 March 2012

Wind = windburn = lips that hurt


Victims of windburn, the time has come to pucker up and smack on your favourite lip balms and save yourself from all that pain!

These couple of days have consisted of constant rain, wind blowing like no tomorrow making it impossible for me to wear my cloche hat and just overall gloomy weather where I just want to sleep and never wake up.

There are so many lip balms out there that it doesn’t even matter which one you buy as long as it protects your lips from all that wind and stops them from becoming dry, cracked and flaky.

I want to share with you all a little product that has become one of my all time favourite.

I absolutely love Nivea lip care in cherry. I love red lipstick so this was just an alternative for getting that red colour with all the nourishment and care it needed.
The thing I love best about this is the colour, I was surprised as normal lip balms don’t give you any colour at all, it either goes on clear or with a shiny finish.

There were times where I wanted to wear red lipstick, but then I didn’t because I would have to prep my lips to ensure the colour lasted the whole night, and I just wouldn’t have time. I opted for the lip balm instead, although the colour isn’t as strong as a normal lipstick, I mean what do you expect it’s a lip balm, it was easy, I didn’t have to worry about it bleeding and it kept my lips free from any cracks and as for the windburn… what windburn?
Nivea essential care is the original one for those who don’t want any colour, but still protects your lips.


Okay so, here’s a tip for all you out there that will help your lips feel nourished and keep them crack free.
When you go to bed tonight, pop on some long lasting lip balm, this will really help to prevent those dry and flaky lips that nobody wants.
When you head out for the day and it’s sunny but still windy, choose a lip balm that nourishes and protects. Go for something with SPF15, our lips need some loving too.


When I run out of my favourite lip balms, I turn to Vaseline white petroleum jelly style.
Yes it might be eww, yes it might be double eww, but it does the trick. When your lips are so painful that you don’t want to move them, you will try anything to stop the pain.
Vaseline is great, I think it’s worthy of its’ own blog, there are so many things I can say about it, that it would probably take up another page or two. Love this, you’ll definitely be surprised, try it next time when you run out of your favourite lip balm.





Like what you've read? Please leave a like it helps me out a lot and follow my blog and twitter, it makes me happy. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment